Your initial inclination might be simply to compare prices of a auto loan to a lease, that is normal it’s what we have been trained to do from years of buying and selling cars.
Leasing is different than Buying
Price-only comparison in a purchase is enough. It is a simplistic one-dimensional transaction where your sole focus is the car itself. Leasing is multi-dimensional; there is the car itself, but it is provided for your use inside a multi-year-relationship agreement with a professional vehicle management company. These companies have widely varying levels of customer service.
Comparing prices on a multi-year contract, where customer service is a central feature, gets even more complex when terms and conditions vary from company to company.
Lets call a spade a spade. Our western trained mindset and expectation levels are not in direct sync with the norms here in Israel. Protect yourself from unfamiliar terms and conditions by looking beyond the "price" - it is not the only component that must be evaluated.
Yes of course you can, retail businesses prefer to deal with clients one-on-one employing trained commissioned sales personnel to move their products. They encourage their staff to sell package deals, lease plans that include insurance, maintenance, tires, brakes, battery replacement, cancellation of deductibles, and protection form end-of lease charges.
Lease company sales representatives use these packages to blur lines and confuse the client. These packages have higher profit margins for the lease provider and higher commissions for the sales rep. Having said that there are instances where these plans can actually be of value to you; but it is most certainly not the best option for everyone and should not be entered into without guidance from a financial professional.
Who do you want guiding you? A commissioned salesperson trained to sell the product that will earn them the most money, a person who cannot relate to your position as an oleh? Or someone who too is an oleh and completely understands your position, and more importantly understands the leasing market, and knows which companies and which plans are best for their customer?
Initial guidance - explanation
• Differences in lease plans (there are 4 major plans from which to choose)
• Lease company’s obligations
• Client’s obligations
• Contract Terms
Once a suitable plan is chosen, we assist in
• Obtaining a pre-approval for the client
• Scheduling and coordinate the closing at your home, work, or lease company facility
• Assist in arranging insurance (if needed)
• Scheduling taking of possession of vehicle
• Trade-in assistance if applicable
After delivery we are available for
• Translation needs (non-Hebrew speakers)
• Customer service questions
• Conflict resolution
• Obtaining ancillary items (parking permits, Hwy 6 registration, disability certificates, etc.)
• Email reminders during the lease
• Assumptions (early contract cancellations)
End of Contract we assist in
• Replacement – new lease
• Returns – abandoning
• Purchase and financing (if client wishes to keep the vehicle)
Want to check what other English Speaking clients have to say about our service click this link Customer Endorsement Page then come back here and lets get started.